Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Garcon Point Preserve

West Campus wasn't my only venture last Saturday. It just takes me a while to get these things down in a post. Didn't see a lot at Garçon Point Preserve. It was hot and coming on noon so there wasn't a lot of wildlife out. Some wrens, rails, and cuckoos. A racer and a ribbon snake. What really struck me about the park was the amount of wildflowers and insects. I'd love to go back with a good butterfly net. There were lots of these whitish-coloured bees and a fantastic diversity of butterflies and dragonflies that I wouldn't dare try to identify right now.

I believe these lovely wildflowers (which were covered in those white bees, by the way) are Phlox.

A sulfer butterfly (Phoebis sennae).

Anolis carolinensis among the Serenoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment