Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Sunset at Bear Lake, Blackwater River State Forest

I made it out to Bear Lake back in October 17. After taking a look around the recreation area, I circled to the back of the lake and watched the sun set. It was a great time to stop and think about life, creation, and the Creator. Sometimes I'm a little disappointed to always be out alone, but moments like these make me realize how healthy it is to just clear one's mind in solitude. 

A cypress swamp at the southern tip of Bear Lake, Blackwater River State Forest, Florida. October 17, 2015.

Sunset at Bear Lake, Blackwater River State Forest, Florida. October 17, 2015.

Sunset at Bear Lake, Blackwater River State Forest, Florida. October 17, 2015. After most of the colour had been drained behind the western horizon, radiating patterns of streaked light created a beautiful panorama. The blurring affect that the rippled water had on this was irresistible and it is really accentuated in black-and-white.

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely pictures. I don't think I have ever been there. Maybe one day you'll have to take me there and show me around. :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful area, enjoy those sunsets! we get about 2 a month during the winter on the island here. haha, Dad

    ReplyDelete