Friday, December 19, 2014

Memory Lane: Grandma and Grandpa's Salal

This was among the first photographs I ever took with the new camera I got for my birthday on August 18th, 2006. It blew my mind. Nothing takes a macro photo like a Canon Powershot. I've bought a Nikon D3000 since then but, without the right kind of lens, there's no chance I'll be able to get a macro photo like this. Gaultheria shallon, Campbell River, on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. August 24, 2006, 9:05am. Canon Powershot A430. ISO 100. 5.4mm. 0 EV. f/2.8. 1/40.

This is my family's late dog Molly. She was really sweet. We have a new dog now, but there's still an unoccupied spot in our hearts that Molly once filled. One day I'll put up a tribute to Molly. This photograph remains my favourite portraits, although probably more for its sentimental value than its artistic presentation of the subject. Canis domesticus and Gaultheria shallon, Campbell River, on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. August 23, 2006, 10:02am. Canon Powershot A430. ISO 0. 5.4mm. 0 EV. f/2.8. 1/80.

No comments:

Post a Comment